Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a N14 2001 electronic, i have no oil pressure, i

Customer Question

hi, i have a N14 2001 electronic, i have no oil pressure, i replaced the oil pump, the bearings are good, non building any pressure at all? any open check valve in system?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the oil pressure went down to zero, the engine light come on, we shut the truck, we changed the oil, no metal in oil pan, we checked mains and rods all ok, we replaced the oil pump still the same!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: the engine run smooth, we dint want to run much. new oil, new filters, re manufacture oil pump, we pressure tested system,we don't hear any leakage.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 4 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

my suggestion is this. remove the oil pan. remove the oil pressure sensor. use an oil primer and run pressurized oil into the passage and look for leaks especially at the bearings, pump, pick up, top end, all over

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi roy, i already did that, i did put pressure in gallery, i also checked the main bearings, they where good, my next step would be the oil cooler housing going to the oil filter.

ok, you did not post that in your original post

yes, that would be next step to check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i will let you know tomorrow after i check the oil cooler assembly, i believe there is some check valve there, i will let you know.

in the filter as well. ok

how are you making out

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
your answers was not help at all to my questions. very poor. your tech need to improve. this is the third time i join you guys, was never help at all!!

I am here and not there and work off your input. I cannot see it or touch it.

we are not very poor at all. you need to give more accurate info to work with