Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a cat c7 freightliner truck,the problem is, the

Customer Question

hello I have a cat c7 freightliner truck,the problem is, the engine began to pass the oil tank of diesel,the mechanic said it was the injectors so were sent to repair,after repairing the injectors, the problem gets worse, the engine starts and 10 minutes, the engine oil precione drops to zero,surprise, all the engine oil was diesel tanks,all this in about 10 minutes,I appreciate any ideas,thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
There are only three things I have seen cause this.
First is the injectors
Second is a failed injector O rings.
Lastly is a cracked head.
If you have replaced the injectors I would remove and inspect the o rings. If they are ok. I must suspect the head is cracked. Cracked heads are rare but I see it from time to time
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I wonder if the heui pump,it could be responsible for this failure?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.
The heui pump itself can not put oil in the fuel. However it can fail abs stick at high pressure and blow out injector o rings. If the heui is stuck high there should be a code for excessive actuation pressure.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.