Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I'm working on a international truck with a dt466e engine.

Customer Question

hi, i'm working on a international truck with a dt466e engine. the engine serial number is(###) ###-#### ***** is a year 2003. it is running rough, I have 2 fault codes that I pulled up. The first fault code is injection control pressure pid 164, fmi 10. fmi: abnormal rate of change. 725.19 psi. the second code is injector 3. fmi: voltage (normal). sid: 3. fmi 4. Can you please tell me what these fault codes mean and how do I fix them?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

On the ICP code, that is either the sensor itself or the harness going to it. I would start with the sensor. If the sensor is replaced and the code retruns, then check the harness over for abrasions and then ohm test it to the ECM.

On the injector code, look at the plug for the injector #3. It will be the 3rd plug back on the valve cover. See if there is oul around the plug. If so, replace the valve cover harness. Unplug the and look. You want no oil seepage at all. I tend to see that code when the oil is pushing around the plug into the harness.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.