William Herren
William Herren, OWNER
Experience:  Mechanic at HERREN INDUSTRIAL GROUP
94300771

Computer tells engine on a brand new Freightliner Cascadia

Customer Question

computer tells engine on a brand new Freightliner Cascadia economy I think it's called to shut down in 2 minutes so it won't even idle for the five minutes it's requiring a parked regeneration but it shuts down it could take and then it stops and within five minutes two minutes after that it shuts down I have a full tank of fuel my bosses are laughing at me cuz they're telling me I ran out of fuel this happened three days ago and I set for 7 hours in a hundred degree temperature while the company lab and made me wait for road Rescue with a brownie for 2 gallons of fuel and it and got it started and staying running and doing the park regeneration around for another 4 months now it's doing it again but it says eec1 active fault what is this how can I fix it it's a brand new truck it is got 2600 miles on it
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: If this is real,call me(###) ###-####
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  William Herren replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.
From the information I received, your Freightliner is shutting down before the 5 min idle shut down. Is this correct?