Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Serpentine belt routing go : C13 Cat in a 2005 Beaver motor

Customer Question

Serpentine belt routing go
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: C13 Cat in a 2005 Beaver motor coach
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have a mechanic coming in the morning with the belt and would like to know the routing before he gets here
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

CLICK HERE for the belt routing

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My system uses a single serpentine belt .the crankshaft drives the alternator and the hydraulic pump (or AC pump - cannot tell). There are two idlers and a tensioner. The radiator is side mount and uses an hydraulically powered fan.
There are only six components - the crank, alternator, air conditioner pump, two idlers and the tensioner.The belt failed which is why I am investigating proper routing.
The unit is a 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder with a 525 HP CAT C13 engine and Allison 4000 transmission.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

The routing I provided is the only one that comes up for the C13 engine.

I will close the link and opt out for someone else that may have another on for you since it is not correct. It is the only one I have and if another tech has another one, they can assist.

Good day!