Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I'm not a trucker with a problem; I'm a writer who wants to

Customer Question

Hi, I'm not a trucker with a problem; I'm a writer who wants to get some terminology right ... proper and slang terms both. I hope you can help me. I have two photos I'm looking at. Here's the link to one
https://www.daimler-trucksnorthamerica.com/brands/freightliner-custom-chassis-corporation/
It looks like there is a step and a box below the door. What's the name for that? And what's the box for? Is the cab door hinged on the left or the right? Also, at the back of the cab, what the extending part with the wheels/axels called?
Here's the other photo link:
http://bright-cars.com/uploads/freightliner/freightliner-columbia-series-cl-120/freightliner-columbia-series-cl-120-01.jpg
Here there seem to be two steps and a round tank. What's that called? What's the tank for? Is the door hinged left or right? Also, what's behind the cab is much bigger, eight double wheels. What's this called? And there seems to be a circular "hitch" in the center. What's it called?
I'll appreciate if you can help me. Thanks, Walt
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi Walter. My name is***** will be glad to help. The steps are attached to the fuel tank of the truck. On some trucks there is a battery box there in stead of the fuel tank that houses the batteries for the truck. behind the cab of the truck is the frame rails that everything is mounted to including the drivers cab.

Hi Walter, Did you get this resolved?