go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

Freightliner classic tractor (18 wheeler). Problem with the

Customer Question

Freightliner classic tractor (18 wheeler). Problem with the mechanism behind the temperature control knob on dasboard. Frequently it gets stuck on maximum heat. Even though the controls are set to use the air conditioning, the system still outputs maximum heat. Sometimes it does cycle the air conditioning on for a while, then it goes back to maximum heat.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Is this caused by the "blend door" inside the dashboard ? Is the blend door controlled by an electric motor or an air pressure line ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 4 months ago.
Good evening
Can I get the last six of your VIN please?