Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Have MBE 900 with blinking regent lamp and engine protect

Customer Question

Have MBE 900 with blinking regent lamp and engine protect lamp. Got to a safe place to do regen but following directions (cycle park brake, automatic transmission D to N, regen switch for 5 sec) didn't work. Is the problem the engine protect mode preventing regen? How do I proceed with a regen?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

Please give me a few minutes to type a response. I'm a slow typer.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Bad news. You will need to have a computer put on the truck and a forced regen done wit han extended regen time. When the engine protect light comes on, it means the filter is too full for a normal parked regen to occur. The filter could also need what we call a bake job. That is where the filter is removed, chemicals are used to break down the soot, and the filter is baked in a special oven for 8 hours. That is done when the filter is too full for the regen system to cook out the soot.

Find any shop that has the DDDL software that can do a proper forced regen and ask them to activate it. The regen will run for approx 45 minutes to a hour and half. This is an extended regen process to cook all the soot from the filter and blow the ash from it.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Please note for subscribers. Ratings are still required, even if you are on the subscription service. Please rate with confidence.