Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Fuel in my 2002 F-650 is only pulling from the passenger

Customer Question

Fuel in my 2002 F-650 is only pulling from the passenger tank
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Is there a transfer pump on the passenger tank
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Driver Fuel tank is full. Gauge on the dash says Empty, passenger tank is empty. 2002 F-650 with Cat Engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: oh yea
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

Please give me a few minutes to type a response. I'm a slow typer.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Yes, there is a transfer pump. It most likely went bad. You should see it on the crossmember. Just follow the line and you will see it. Now, for the pump to work, the tanks need to be balanced back out. I usually fill them up and then you can hear the pump engage after turning the key on and the tanks are close. If they are more than 5 gallons different, the transfer pump will not engage after it has been replaced.

Very common problem on these trucks for that pump to burn up.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Please note for subscribers. Ratings are still required, even if you are on the subscription service. Please rate with confidence.I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.