Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

2006 PB the battery box and floorboard on passengers side

Customer Question

2006 PB the battery box and floorboard on passengers side gets so hot you can hardly hold your hand on them. Seems to be above exhaust pipe. Is there a cure for this?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Please give me a couple minutes to sign into your vehicle information and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

If there is no exhaust leak, you can add a heat shield or add some of the engine hood reflective insulation. I'm in Florida and I have a fleet of trucks that goes from here to California so it is all southern driving. We got the insulation in larger sheets and did the whole floor under the cab with it and it cooled the cab down tremendously. I suggest putting that around the exhaust in those areas to reflect the heat back to the ground.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Please note for subscribers. Ratings are still required, even if you are on the subscription service. Please rate with confidence.