Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I 't own a dodge but a Daimller Product. A Fr8liner

Customer Question

i don't own a dodge but a Daimller Product. A Fr8liner Cascadia.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am curious as to how my alternator is controlled.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I want to know if I could upgrade both battery banks to lithium ion.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: Do you know what a fr8liner cascadia is?
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Ii actually a semi tractor.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Please give me a couple minutes to sign into your vehicle information and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It looks like your question was put in the wrong category. It was moved to the heavy trucks this morning.

You're wanting to put in the Lithium batteries? You can use them in this truck. Some of the new Cascadias are already running these batteries that have the green Tripac electric APUs. There is no issue with runningthem at all.

On how the alternator is controlled, it depends on the engine. Usually the SAM controller or the MCM controller will control the alternator. The alternator has a built in trickle charge as well so if the batteries get too low, it will charge the batteries slowly. That is controlled in the regulator in the alternator, but excited by the MCM controller.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?