Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

My mower deck belt slipped off one of the pulleys and I'm

Customer Question

My mower deck belt slipped off one of the pulleys and I'm trying to find out how to release the belt pressure so I can slip it back on without removing the deck
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have a John Deere x320 and the mower deck belt slipped off one of the pulleys
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

# ***** is the tensioner handle. it locks into place on top of the deck. You push it out of the catch, and pull it out, which loosens the belt. Slip the belt back in place, and push the tensioner handle back in to tighten the belt and latch it. See the link above.