Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I need help on a 2008 international durastar 4400 with a dt

Customer Question

I need help on a 2008 international durastar 4400 with a dt 466e dpf truck with a no
throttle just idle only and has codes 8321 fmi 12 and 8146 fmi 7 codes on the cluster
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was driving my truck today and it just lost throttle and would only idle,all guages are fine,and the aftercooler intake hose is collapsing untill i move the turbo actuator manually,i know allot about mechanics and this truck
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian. My name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I look up those codes.

8321 fmi 12 is VGT not receiving CAN messages. Check the harness and connector pins between the ECM and turbo actuator. If the harness checks okay replace the turbo actuator and calibrate using the diagnostic software.

8146 fmi 7

2368 8146 7 CAN EGR valve communication fault. Checjk the harness between the EGR valve and ECM. If okay replace the EGR valve and clean the EGR system. I the harness and components test okay try reflashing the ECM or try a test ECM if available. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have checked the connections,is it common for the VGT to go out,and does it prevent throttle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I allready knew the code descriptions,i just put them so you would know the codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I brought the truck to international a few weeks ago, for a intermittent cam sensor communication light,and they said the ecm had a update,so the updated it for 150.00 and know it has just gotten worse,but it has allways run fine even with that code showing.but i did have my turn signal audio go out for a bit and then started working again,could this all be related?

Thanks for the update. Is there no throttle response at all? These faults are CAN faults and are related to ECM messages. If the harness checks good and the EGR and Actuator check good it points to an ECM hardware or software problem. I would start with a reflash of the most current software updates.

Thanks for the info. Yes it can be related. It is easiest to monitor all these parameters in Live data. Do you have access to the servicemaxx software?