Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

The motor idles but will not thottle up Disconnected the

Customer Question

The motor idles but will not thottle up
Disconnected the wiring tried to thottle up manually still will not Rev up
Don't know where to look next
Can you help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If this model uses an electronic throttle actuator the actuator itself may be the cause here needing replaced.I have seen actuator failure before in the past cause issues like this here needing replaced to correct this fault.I would have this checked/tested further and may require some electrical test tools and the correct diagrams on this to see which component is the cause here.In some cases it is best to have a dealer or repair center that works on this model work and test this here to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete