Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a Duson 185 cfm compressor. It's not building

Customer Question

I have a Duson 185 cfm compressor. It's not building pressure...none. i just replaced the plate that looks like a clutch plate and the gear. It is now spinning as should be. Still have 0 air. Any suggestions
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Is air being sucked in through the intake? is there any output on the discharge side? Was the drive plate destroyed?It may have been stripped out due to a bad compressor! If you feel air coming out the intake he compressor may be turning backward. Was there only one way to install the gear you spoke of?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Seems to be air sucked in. Not a bit of air on discharge side. Drive plate was destroyed. Yes...had a key way and fit perfectly. Used a flashlight and saw it spinning. Still no air.

Screw compressor or a roots compressor? Can you run some oil in the intake and see if it makes the output? When did compressor last work?

did you find problem?