Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a Duson 185 cfm compressor. It's not building

Customer Question

I have a Duson 185 cfm compressor. It's not building pressure...none. i just replaced the plate that looks like a clutch plate and the gear. It is now spinning as should be. Still have 0 air. Any suggestions
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Is air being sucked in through the intake? is there any output on the discharge side? Was the drive plate destroyed?It may have been stripped out due to a bad compressor! If you feel air coming out the intake he compressor may be turning backward. Was there only one way to install the gear you spoke of?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Seems to be air sucked in. Not a bit of air on discharge side. Drive plate was destroyed. Yes...had a key way and fit perfectly. Used a flashlight and saw it spinning. Still no air.

Screw compressor or a roots compressor? Can you run some oil in the intake and see if it makes the output? When did compressor last work?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

did you find problem?