Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Mr. Cat Man, I have a c13 that I overhaul a few months back

Customer Question

Mr. Cat Man, I have a c13 that I overhaul a few months back and when doing so i installed a new turbo and flashed the ecm with a lil high hp file. Since then it had kept blowing turbo manifold gasket. We eventually replaced the manifold, turbo charger again and flashed the ecm back to the stock setting and it still keeps breaking the turbo stud and blowing the gasket. We have repaired everytime with new studs and nuts. I don't know what else could be the problem. Do you have any ideas.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Can you get me the engine serial number please?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
There are two things I have seen cause thisThe first is a defective exhaust manifold. Which you have already replaced.
Second is the nut keeps coming loose. Cat came out with a new lock nut for this issue. The part number is ***** It replaces the old 3E-8017. The nut torques to 52 foot pounds.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.