Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Can I run a cat skid steer without the turbo hooked up just

Customer Question

can I run a cat skid steer without the turbo hooked up just to move it
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: i think the turbo is blown but its back in the bush with no way to get it oout
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: i think it pulled oil from a overfill in the crankcase
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
you can, it won't run well and you will need to plug the oil line to it, if you have it off. But it will run.