Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Howdy sirs.....I have had my Commercial Driveing "Permit" a

Customer Question

Howdy sirs.....I have had my Commercial Driveing "Permit" a few months now..ssoo hard to scedule a road test 100 guys calling for 3 scheduled apointments every 2 weeks............anyway examiner said WHOA! at begining of my Pre-Trip....when he opened door and read VIN#1FVABTAK22HJ57344 is my Frieghtliner assigned by them as an "Incomplete Vehicle" truck is 28,000lbs medium conventional >>>VEHICLE ALTERERS,as Specified in 49cfr567.7 "Shall Utilize the Vin# ***** by the Original Manufacturer of the Vehicle>>>>yadayadayadayada I just wanna BE ABLE to Drive my OWN TRUCK for my Road Test! its a class 7 truck with a NICE BEAUTIFUL HEIL DUMPBED on it..that I LOVE, I need some HELP PLEASE! Figureing out this strict under new federal guidelines BS Dibolical VIN# ***** will have nicely WELDED on my GREAT HEIL DUMP BED!
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That is the first I have ever heard of that. Every single dump truck, medium duty truck, and bus on the highway is a incomplete chassis. They are that because another manufacturer will add a body to the chassis.

They must have found something else wrong because the tester don't usually do that. I suggest you find another tester becasue they went overboard or there is something else wrong with the truck that made them feel uncomfortable.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know man new federal guidlines it was hot they failed guy next to me too he had a hydraulic oil tank application on his cab and chasiss for same reason I gotta figure out way to get a valid vin# for my Heil dump bodie, or they wont let me use my truck for road other reason to fail my truck its a Jewl
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NEVADA DMV told me to contact U the Maufacturer of the Body
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

You need a VIN for the body? Heil will be the ONLY one who can give you one. It isn't a VIN, it's a body plate to add to the VIN on the truck.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Nevada is going overboard on the law. Way overboard. They are the only state going to that extreme.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.