Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

I have a 2005 9200 international with a c13 and a eaton

Customer Question

I have a 2005 9200 international with a c13 and a eaton fuller 10 speed I recently brook down a road side mechanic said that ECM was bad also replaced wiring harness due to oil wicking. Now back on the road runs ok shortly after the work was done my speedomitor became crazy moves all over now not working. I replaced the speed sensor at the rear of trans. Snug then backed off 1 turn still doesn't work, I replaced my gauge cluster out from another truck tack worked but still no change
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
If the cluster and sensor have been replaced. I must next suspect a problem in the harness. I've seen this many times. I would try running new wires to the sensor.
It's also possible the ECM if faulty as well. It's rare but I see it from time to time. If changing the harness to the speed sensor does not help. I must suspect the ECM.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.