Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Good morning, I have a 2006 T800 with a roof Red Dot unit

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have a 2006 T800 with a roof Red Dot unit VIN 142977.
System is charged and operating correctly but only with external power to clutch. Connected fan and pressure switch. AC light comes on on control module.
AC system is charged and
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi John, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you have a model number for the Red Dot unit so Io can see what I may have for information and diagrams? If you have a full charge of refrigerant your problem is likely a faulty pressure switch or harness problem. If the fuses and power and grounds check out okay and the controls have power then this is where you will want to test next. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not a pressure switch as I have connected that.
Also do not understand why on my control module I have power at battery wire but when I turn fan on it works correctly but large red wire no longer has power.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can not give you model and also don't see why it is necessary. Very basic model and installed at factory.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Hi John. I am not there to see the configuration of the unit and want to have the correct schematics for your AC system. I am going to opt out as for me to try to research all this, call the dealer for your VIN etc to get the model which will be on the tag. Maybe another expert on the site has access to look all this up for you by your VIN. Sorry I could not help. You mentioned the large red wire. I can see it but if I had the correct schematic I would know what wires to tell you to test...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help and please forward me as soon as possible. Or issue a refund.