cat_engines_only, Other
Experience:  Repair CAT machines only

I need the torque values of a cat 3034t engine JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

I need the torque values of a cat 3034t engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm rebuilding the engine and need to torque the main bearing and rod bearings
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cat_engines_only replied 5 months ago.
Nut for the connecting rod capTighten the nuts for the connecting rod to the following torque. ... 54 N·m (40 lb ft) Bolts for the bearing capsTighten the bolts for the bearing caps to the following torque. ... 147 N·m (108 lb ft)Procedure for tightening the bolts and the nuts in the cylinder head Put clean engine oil on the threads of the bolts. Tighten all of the bolts and the nuts finger tight.Tighten the bolts to the following torque. ... 70 N·m (52 lb ft)Tighten the bolts and the nuts to the following torque. ... 100 N·m (74 lb ft)Valve lashInlet valve ... 0.35 mm (0.014 inch)Exhaust valve ... 0.35 mm (0.014 inch)