Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Bought ford 9000 with 3208 cat engine 1974 model got all the

Customer Question

bought ford 9000 with 3208 cat engine 1974 model got all the air out glass filter, cracked all the injectors have done every thing I know to do last night in a rain storm me and my buddy who is one of the best mechanics in our area and it would not even start on either last night why???
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: truck been sitting 5 0r 7 years owner said he would start it once a year but did not last year. we cleaned fuel tank to everything we know to do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Is the fuel squirting at the injectors when you loosen the fuel lines or is it just dribbling? If just dribbling, is the fuel shutoff solenoid opening?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we removed top part of injector pump two push roods stuck freed these two up chrank engine,had two more get stuck. will pb blaster and working the springs. solve our problem will this cause engine to not start?
You really should have the injection pump rebuilt. Any stuck section can cause the engine to run away with no governor control.