Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

I'm needing to replace a snapped multi function

Customer Question

I'm needing to replace a snapped multi function blinker/wiper switch lever on a Chevy 8600 with floor shift, been trying to figure out how to get broken piece out to install news lever
JA: Working turn signals are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This steering column has the hazard button on the side of column, for point of reference to type column
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Been trying to figure out how to separate the columns cover to maybe get more access to remove broken lever piece
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Other than its. An 8600 tandem 2001 model
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I dont show the exact replacement procedure for this lever or the column covers but most column covers are either snapped together and onto the steering column itself needing popped loose or they have screws that are visible from underneath the covers themselves.I would check and see if any screws need removed to remove these covers.If this does not help here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete