Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have a 2010 Freightliner with a Detroit 60 series engine

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Freightliner with a Detroit 60 series engine that is giving flash codes of Cab 249 and CH5 216. The truck will run but will shut off and the STOP light in on the dash and give the codes
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The vehicle was in the shop and there was some DEF fuel that was poured in the fuel tank and the repair shop drained the fuel and blowed all the lines to remove the def fuel and changed both fuel filters. The truck will run for a short while and then shut itself off with the codes flashing and the STOP light and we are trying to see what is causing the engine to shut off after it runs for a short period of time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! There is a part of the code that is missing. The parts that you have given me is SAM module (Cab 249, and the chassis module (CH5). The 216 is Active SAM Controller code. There is a s code at the end that is missing to give an idea of what are to look, but it still won't give the fault. Only the computer will give the real fault on these trucks. On the fuel side, drain the tanks and flush the fuel system. See if you can get rid of all that DEF fluid out of the system. One of the sensors is most likely picking up the fluid and causing either a low pressue issue due to lack of burn off or a water in fuel sensor is showing severe level or it could be in the pump. DEF fluid is very corrosive on the sensors in the fuel system and it ruins injectors in a matter of minutes as well. This really needs the DDDL software attached to it and investigated more.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?