roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

Are you there? JA: No. I'm the Heavy Equipment Mechanic's

Customer Question

Are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Heavy Equipment Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: How does this stuff works?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have questions regarding my cascadia.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: 09 freightliner cascadia with detroit series 60 engine, truck blows white smoke from the pipe, chocks on itself and sometimes you step on the pedal it takes a few seconds for it to respond.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 11 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist what motor??? Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Roy detroit series 60
ok, thanks, I would remove the cold pipe from the egr cooler on the passenger side and see if there is coolant in the pipe. very common failure for this issue. if not then you need to start thinking about a head gasket. removing the injectors and air up the cylinders to find the effected cylinder. Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Took it to the dealer first time they told me injectors, i replaced all 6 cost 4K didn't solve the problem.
Took it bavk to the dealer they said egr valve, paid 3k to replace , didn't fix the issue.
Took it back again they said egr cooler 4k fidn't solve anything.
I spend over 10k and still have the same problem.
ok, can you do these checks I suggested?? Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wich one is the cold pipe from the egr, i see two pipes coming from the egr one in front and the other in the back, wich one is it?
good morning the pipe that goes up and over the top of the motor. it has the 2 delta p lines attached to it Roy