Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Changing the oil pump in a Cummins l-10 JA: We'll do all we

Customer Question

Changing the oil pump in a Cummins l-10
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Lost oil pressure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Removed oil pan. Gear off oil pump
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. what information are you looking for in reference to your oil pressure problem on your L10?
Be sure to inspect your rod and main bearings while you have the pan off and possibly roll a new set of bearings in.
The oil pump is located under the front cover and drives the water pump Remove the gear cover The water pump must be removed to remove the water pump idler gear.Drain the cooling system, and remove the water pump Remove the water pump idler gear Remove the three mounting capscrews and spacers.Use both hands to pull, or insert, two capscrews (M8 X 1.25) into the puller holes to push the pump from the engine. to install Install the three capscrews and spacers. Use the short flange head capscrew in the upper right hand mounting hole (1). Use the longer flange head capscrews and spacers in the other two holes.Torque Value: [30 ft-lb] install idler gearInstall the gear retainer.Install the capscrews and tighten. Value:Step 161 n.m [45 ft-lb] Step 2Rotate 60 degrees install water pump and front cover