Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 329D that drifts when I'm on a slope. The swing

Customer Question

I have a 329D that drifts when I'm on a slope. The swing brake functions normally, other than that.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I do not have a tech book of any kind and would like to know if this is something that can be fixed in the field.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ron, My name is***** will be glad to help. Start by removing and inspecting the swing motor relief cartridges and circuit control valve reliefs for damaged o rings, debris, etc causing them to bypass pressure or stick open in that circuit. If okay check the swing spool in the control valve for bypassing and the pilot control joystick plunger for sticking under the joystick handle causing constant pilot pressure at the swing spool and not allowing the spool to center. Let me know