Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Daniel my name is***** have an 09 465 hp mp8 granite which I

Customer Question

Hi Daniel my name is***** have an 09 465 hp mp8 granite which I have had from new lately it has been running way hotter than normal the fan manages to keep temp in operating range but fan comes on a lot more than irised to I have had a new thermostat fitted egr cooler was leaking a while ago but was replaced and water pump was checked when we replaced water pump housing due to severe pitting behind impellor engine is not using or losing any coolant or oil was wondering if maybe we might have an egr valve problem or have you any other suggestions thanks mark
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi Mark, Thanks for the request. Several thinks can be a factor here including EGR system problems. If the cooling system, radiator, T stat, pump, egr cooler, etc are new I would be sure possible there are no restrictions in the cooling system. I have heard of excessive silicone, etc plugging ports and getting stuck in coolant passages. Check temps with a digital temp reader in different areas around the radiator, hoses, pump an T stat inlet and outlet as well as the engine block... Look for any hot spots indicating a problem area. Check the belts, air flow through the core, turbo and actuator as well as the boost piping for leaks. Check for fuel restrictions or leaks as well as exhaust restrictions. Try a good system flush with Cascade powder dishwasher detergent and water. Run for 20 minutes, drain and repeat as needed and a final straight water flush/rinse before filling with coolant mixture. Is it throwing any codes? Let me know