Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

How do I remove and replace the foot valve on my 82 Kenworth

Customer Question

How do I remove and replace the foot valve on my 82 Kenworth W900 air brake system
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jack, My name is***** lines should have been taken apart at the fittings after tagging where they all go for reassembly and then the fittings swapped over from the old valve to the new and reconnected. What part are you having trouble with? Did you not tag any of the lines? Also when you cut them, is there enough hose to reach the brake valve still? Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My son was full steam ahead and didn't tag anything. Is their a repair manual available that tells you how to identify the lines replacement posiyion on the valve?
Ouch.... For a 1982 it is going to be difficult to get diagrams. However the air brake systems were pretty straight forward so let me see what I can pull up for a standard diagram and you will need to trace out the existing lines to ID and tag them .
Click on this link and this should help. The Ports on the new valve should be labled S for supply and D for discharge to the brake valves and cans. charge the system with air to identify the supply lines.http://www.suspensionspecialists.com/techinfo/Bendix_Brake_Handbook_2009.pdf