John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

Freightliner FLB: Why can't I get the serial number and arrangeme

Customer Question

Why can't I get the serial number and arrangement number on my engine from the Freightliner vin number check? It will only give general Information and I an sure someone has the complete biild sheet on this truck
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Which site are you using to get this information? Are you missing the engine data plate? Freightliner purged a lot of the old info for vehicle prior to 2001. Even techs have a hard time getting the info. We have to make a request through the parts department for the info anymore. It is ridiculous, but that is how they do it now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's the answer I have been getting frim the Freightliner parts dept. The truck is a 1995 FLB Freightliner it has a 3406C Cat engine in it the vin#
is 1FUPBXYNOSL689085
And there are no stickers or data plates left on the Engine. Even the place its supposed to be stamped on the block is blank. Supposedly I need the serial number and arrangement number to get the correct overhaul kit from Cat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
Yes you do. With this being a CAT, I will opt out for we have a CAT expert here and he has CAT SIS access. He would be the best choice in helping get the info and the kit you need. I will send him a message so he can see this. Thanks.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
The serial number of the engine is stamped into the block. It's on the turbo side of the engine. It will be near the rear of the block near the very top. There should be a smooth area with an eight digit serial number stamped in the block.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Son looked there isnt. If none of you giys have access th the Freightliner/Diamler data base you can't answer my question. Just more money down the hole
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.
just a suggestion from an independent shop owner.... have freightliner quote you a paper copy quote for an infrme kit. take those part #s to cat and have them cross them to there #'s. (parts depts. get really smart fast when they think theres a big sale involved)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You have to be joking, I could get answers like that in a truckstop cafe any day of the week for free.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.