Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

Okay still having problems with my c15 avert. Pulling good

Customer Question

Okay still having problems with my c15 avert. Pulling good boast 40-50 pounds. Seems slow and it falls on its face even pulling that much boast it's and 2007 peterbilt
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Can you tell me all that has been done or checked? What parts have been replaced?
Can you get me the engine serial number please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NXS09201 they did a cut out test on injectors, had low fuel pressure fixed that. Never has any engine codes. Only has 57000 on a platnuim overhaul
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
I see. Thanks for the information.
This is the engine that was over hauled correct? Low power since the overhaul? Was the injectors replaced during the overhaul?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they were part of it too it's been on and off sometimes it'll pull just fine the next hill it won't
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
I see. So the power can come and go? Good on one hill, bad on another?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yep oil temp always runs hot when it's not running good too
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the information.
Has the wastegate on the turbo been checked? The reason I ask is I have seen them stick and cause intermittent low power. If it has not been checked. I definetely woukd.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if that comes back good?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
The only other thing I can suspect is a sensor is reading inaccurately. They can do this and not set a code. For example. I have seen an intake air temp read too high and cause low power. I have seen atmospheric pressure also read wrong. I would have all the sensors monitored and verified if the wastegate is OK.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.