Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2006 MITSIBISI FUSO. CUST BROUGHT IN AFTER HAD WENT TO LIMP

Customer Question

2006 MITSIBISI FUSO. CUST BROUGHT IN AFTER HAD WENT TO LIMP MODE. HAD LET SIT FOR AWHILE AND SHIFTED FINE. CHECKED TRANS AND HAD WATER CONTAMINATION IN TRANS. REBUILT TRANS,CHANGED SHIFT SOLENOIDS, INSTALLED NOW IN LIMP MODE WITH P1605 CODE. ????
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! That code is a "keep alive memory" error on the PCM. One of 3 things is happening. 1) the batteries were left off for a period of time and the PCM coded. It just needs to charge back up. 2) The battery cables are loose, the batttery is bad, or there is a short in the wiring that needs to be resolved going tothe PCM. 3) The PCM internal battery is bad and the PCM needs to be replaced. These are the only things that cause that code. When that code happens, the PCM is basically losing it's parameter sets and the truck will run badly until it is resolved. The engine will go into limp ode for thios issue to protect the ECM and prevent the engine from a run away condition since the PCM is not working properly. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you, Jeremy