Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have a 1998 Ford L8501 the windshield wipers do not work

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Ford L8501 the windshield wipers do not work through the switch but if I run a hot wire to the plug I can get the motor to turn on high and low.REplaced the switch and wiper intermitent relay still will not work through switch
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

Have you checked for power going to and from the switch as well as for the power going to the relay, ground at relay, and then the power/ground on the other 2 pins on the relay? The relay should have a constant power and ground for the motor and then a switched power and ground that goes through the switch. I would check to see if you have power on them first. You might have a short on the relay side and then you'll know if there is a broken wire or a shorted wire in between it and the motor or the fuse and the relay or the switch and the relay.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.

Thank you,