Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a freightliner business class M2 with a Cummins ISC

Customer Question

I have a freightliner business class M2 with a Cummins ISC 260. We have been having problems with engine protect light coming on then of course engine shuts off. Every time it does we pull the fuel filters off and they are half full. We will refill them and prime the system. Then it will run for a while or sometimes the rest of the day. I have had it to dealers and of course they cant recreate the problem so they can diagnose. They did say there are no codes showing any problems. We had the same luck at cummins shop. Any help would be appreciated.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What are the fault codes you have logged in the ECM?