Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Right track wont turn on my 9020 case exsavater JA: We'll

Customer Question

right track wont turn on my 9020 case exsavater
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: we just got the machine my son was trying to turn it and something on right side
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: when he was turning it made a pop noise and then it would not an more
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. That is either likely a failed final drive gearbox or a failed hydraulic drive motor. Drain the final drive and check for metal chunks and gear peices. If okay, check the hydraulic filter for metal indicating a drive motor or component failure. Also to confirm a drive motor failure, Pin the track from turning wedging a pin between the sprocket and track chain and with the case drain disconnected with a hose run into a bucket you should only get a low volume of oil flow when engaging travel. High volume or oil pressure indicates a failed drive motor. Let me know
Let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when the track qult running it made a loud pop
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when the track quit running it made a loud pop
Yes, to determine what broke, do the checks I suggested above. Gearbox first which is most likely the planetary gears that failed