Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Need to know how to time bosch ve injecton pump to international

Customer Question

Need to know how to time bosch ve injecton pump to international 485 se# *****
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Injection pump was remove & rebuild pump has no timing marks the engine 8 degree before top dead center on no 1 cly .need to know how to time injecton pump
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Isn't the pump shaft keyed and will only go in the drive gear in one position? Or is there an adapter between the pump and drive gear? The adapter doesn't have a pin, so it will only go one position? With the D-179 engine, pump timing usually is not a problem. Or if all else fails, the pump can be turned till the # ***** injection line shows the start of injection, and then is lined up with the gears.
Did you get my response?