Justin Hebert
Justin Hebert,
Experience:  Mechanic at Barrett's Truck and Trailer

Pearl I need torque specs Rod caps, Head bolts for

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I need torque specs for The Rod caps, Head bolts for a Perkins AG4-212 Gas Engine. Thanks Scott
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this time Oh Valve clearance to please
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Justin Hebert replied 5 months ago.
Hi Scott, thanks for using JA. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.Here are the specs right out of the Perkins manual.Rod Torque= if you have the hardened rod bolts (black in color) 90 ft lbs if they are shiny(right out of the book)they are un hardened and the torque spec is 70 ft lbs.Main bearing cap bolt torque is 180 ft lbs.Head bolt torque = 7/16 inch bolts 60 ft lbs 1/2 inch bolts 100 ft lbsConnecting rod oil clearance is .0012 to .0031 I hope this helps. I'm still looking for the valve clearances, for whatever reason, not listed with the other specs.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.