Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 97 c6500topkick with a 366 6.0 gas engine that caught

Customer Question

I have a 97 c6500topkick with a 366 6.0 gas engine that caught on fire and melted the wiring harness and fuel lines and fuse block.I have replaced all damaged parts but because it was all melted together I wasn't sure of the routing of the fuel and ventlines.also after putting it all back together it will turn over but not start. There is no fire going to the distributor from the ignition coil all these parts are new along with the wiring harness .there is gas getting to the throttle body so I THINK I have the lines routed correctly but without a comparison I'm not positive.at this point I'm at a loss at what to do any suggestions would be helpful
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is the tachometer working or showing signal? Check the crank sensor as a faulty crank sensor can prevent starting or a loss of signal from a harness problem. Also verify power to the coil with the IGN on and to test you ground the coil and see if there is spark from the coil wire. With the coil powered with 12V, it will fire each time it is grounded unless it is bad. Let me know