Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

We are having problems maintaining DC power while on home

Customer Question

We are having problems maintaining DC power while on home timeOur tractor is a 2017 Cascadia Evolution . (They tractor has a 13 speed automatic transmission)Do all DC outlets and the refrigerator turn off after a certain number of hours?
Marcus Zuhlke
CRST Dedicated Services***@******.***
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Yes they do. You have a "low voltage disconnect" on the tractor that will automatically kick in and kill off off the outlets (first) to keep battery voltage in the batteries so the truck is able to start. It is a safety measure that Freightliner installed so you are not stranded on the side of the road. Also, not sure if CRST still uses Qualcomm, but that system will drain the power down as well and cause the DC outlets to kick off sooner. If you park the tractor at home during your home time, connect up a trickle charger to the batteries and the outlets will stay powered on because the batteries are always staying charged. I know it can be pretty annoying if you have a APU on the truck to have it always running while away charging the batteries.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.