Jackie Dempsey
Jackie Dempsey,
Experience:  Diesel Technician at Cummins Pacific

I'm working on a 2009 t800Vin# *****

Customer Question

Hello I'm working on a 2009 t800
Vin# *****
Isx cummins
It has a short on the ecm plug.
When it losses contact all the gauges on dash quit working including jake and cruise.
Which wires control that?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jackie Dempsey replied 5 months ago.
Hello there, thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will gladly assist you with your question today. The cruise control circuit is going to be pinned out thru the OEM side of the harness (OEM connector on the ECM) The jakes will be controlled and able to pin out thru the Cummins side. I have attached the schematic that will assist you in doing so. If you have any further questions please let me know! Also please take a moment to rate my service for today, we are not paid for our answers until a rating has been given. However as mentioned I am here to help so please dont hesitate to ask. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok So when it loses contact I have no gauges no jake no cruise and the engine fan kicks on and it gives me a j1939 fault.
Any ideas?
Good question, per your original statement I wanted to include the schematic so that you could manually pin it out. If there is a J1939 error present then a communication issue has certainly occurred. You will essentially need to pin out the harness to find where the error took place. I have attached a troubleshooting tree that should be of assistance as well as a bulletin breaking down the J1939 diagnostic procedure. Please advise if this was able to assist you.
Hello! I just wanted to touch base and see if I could be of additional assistance or if perhaps the matter has been resolved? Please let me know! Thank you
Good afternoon, just wanted to touch base one last time to see if I could offer any assistance to the question you provided. Please let me know if I can help! Thank you