Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

How do you access the back up light switch to replace on a

Customer Question

how do you access the back up light switch to replace on a 2006 peterbilt 379 manual transmission?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. It is a tough place to get to. I sometimes will twist like a pretzel around the side of the driveshaft and get in a position to reach on and remove the switch after disconnecting the wires unless there is too much in the way mounted to the frame or a wet system with hoses etc. and in that case it is easiest to remove the shift boot screws and lift the boot to go through the top.
If you have trouble that way, there is a section of the floor under the mat that can be removed for access to the top of the transmission. Let me know