Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a skyjack 3219 that won't go up with more then 300#

Customer Question

I have a skyjack 3219 that won't go up with more then 300# ***** it. Motor sounds good can it be the pump
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: One person on it lifts fine but two people it struggles
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of, this is my first lift and did not notice it when I bought it. Would like to fix it or at least know what could be causes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. It is likely a weak pump or relief valve problem. What is the complete serial number of your lift?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have it with me but it is a 1998. I can get it tomorrow for you. Is there anything I can test for to determine which is?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Another thing I noticed is that the stabilizers on the bottom do not fold down when rising. Do all older models do this?
I wanted the serial number to be sure to check in the correct manual. I will take a look and see if I can help without it. Bare with me.
Click on this link for the service book with random serial number break.Service500 lbs or 227kg is the max capacity of the lift
PDF page 37 on has the schematics and troubleshooting information and diagrams for the valves and port locations
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Just following up to see if you got this resolved or still needed more help with this? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not yet hear is the serial number. I'm still a little confused on how to test the relief valve
Thanks for the serial number information. You have an older model. Click on this link for the correct manual and see PDF page 35 to see the relief valve locations, You would remove them and inspect for damaged o rings and debris causing them to stick open. There is also full schematics and troubleshooting information in this manual.Troubleshooting manual