Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

2008 hino 338 code p2002 new turbo new dpf new sensors and

Customer Question

2008 hino 338 code p2002 new turbo new dpf new sensors and cleaned egr full digtal dignostic say all is good
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** with me while I look up this code
P2002 - Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the efficiency of the diesel particulate filter for a concern. The efficiency of the filter is determined by the amount of restriction in the filter for a certain exhaust flow rate. The diesel particulate filter is preconditioned for 5,000 km (3,107 miles) before the PCM begins to monitor the level of restriction. The test fails when the measured level of restriction is less than the expected level calculated by the PCM. Possible Causes:Dirty air cleaner elementRecent manual or thorough diesel particulate filter regenerationAftermarket accessories and performance modificationsModified tailpipeExhaust leaks before or near the diesel particulate filter pressure sensorLeaks in the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor connecting hoseDamaged diesel particulate filterDiagnostic Aids: Check for leaks in the exhaust system. Check for aftermarket exhaust accessories and performance modifications that decrease the exhaust restriction. If a new diesel particulate filter was recently installed, verify the diesel particulate filter parameter reset procedure was carried out.
If the complete DPF system checks out then try reflashing the ECM with the most current updates to give it a factory reset and see if the fault returns as it may just be a software issue
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We did that already hino remapped the entire ECu and it is proven to be good
No exhaust leaks that would cause low temps?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No leaks
Other than what you have done and my suggestions I cant think of anything else of the top of my head. Let me opt out and maybe someone else has some ideas.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to drill holes in the DOC what do you think ?? And how many and what size to ?
Not sure if those modifications will correct the problem. Is the DOC plugged?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your answer was a text book answer no help at all
I said I was opting out
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Drilling holes in the DOC will not help. You mentioned the truck was at Hino. What did they do to it so far? Were they who did the new dpf, sensors, egr, etc? Was this all done in one repair sequence or is this spread over several months? Do you know for sure that Hino did the maintenance reset when all this was done or was a full reflash done? If so, that code should not have appeared for at least 3,000 miles after. If it appears immediately after, than there is a harness issue between the modile for the DOC system or there is a issue with the module for the DOC. Something I have also seen is new filters being bad from the shipping. They get vibrated so much that the honeycomb in the filter will get damaged and plug up ports. Another is the exhaust brake. If the exhaust brake is acting up and partially closes, it will cause the back pressure in the filter and code out. This is if this one has the exhaust brake add on. Before drilling holes. On the exit for the filter, crack that clamp loose and spread the flange from the filter, then clear the codes, do a maintenance reset, then run test the truck. If the code is still there, there is an issue wit hthe new filter and you want it warrantied. If it goes away, then put back together and check the exhaust brake. It's closing up on you and causing the code.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating. Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond. I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not. We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.