Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Is there any other manufacturer's engine that will fit (with

Customer Question

Is there any other manufacturer's engine that will fit (with little changes) a Deutz Allis 5230 MFWD? It came with a Toyosha MS 150, 3 cylinder diesel with a block casting number 860429.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: My engine has a hole in the block and I think the crank is cracked. I am looking for a complete used engine.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. You may have to contact a dealers service or parts department to see if they can tell you for sure what engines will fit and work in your model here.Usually they may be able to look up the engines for this model and let you know.I know most of the time the only one that may work is the model engine that is already installed.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Pete, but I was looking for a more definitive answer. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize as this is the only info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete