Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

D 39 hydro wont steer after it gets hot however it pushes

Customer Question

d 39 hydro wont steer after it gets hot however it pushes strong
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please post the complete model with dashes and serial number of your machine so I can be sure you get the correct information for your machine.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1117 ser. number I don't know the rest 3500 hrs. and pushes fine even when it is hot and wont steer
Thanks for the info. Your drive system on this machine is hydrostatic as you know so if you are pushing strong but not steering it means you likely have a pilot control valve problem not signalling the pumps for steering or a potential pump problem. Click on this link to see the breakdown of the travel circuit. Check the filters for signs of fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure occurring. It will look like fine metallic glitter if present. If the filter and oil are clean I would check the pilot control valve for problems and have your pressures tested to isolate if it is in the valve not signalling pilot pressure for steering or a loss of pilot/signal pressure. Let me know!0!2!1254!46!56