Geoff
Geoff, Technician
Experience:  Fleet Maintenance Training Instructor at Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
11959872

Have a 2006 5.9 Cummins engine and Allison Trans shortly

Customer Question

Have a 2006 for with 5.9 Cummins engine and Allison Trans shortly after putting In drive quits pulling and c Trans light comes on
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Trans has reverse but when you put in drive it goes in a limp mode and makes c Trans ligh f come on in dash.does not pull
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Customer just changed pro head on side of Trans and had no power to fuse 31, applied power to fuse still have same problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Geoff replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to assist you. Troubleshooting the Allison B400 you have in that vehicle requires pulling the trouble code that is causing it to be in limp mode. Does your vehicle have the push button shift pad?