Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have an n14 select plus cummins engine that tames a lom

Customer Question

JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Long time to start and when starts give off blue smoke
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The engine has been freshly rebuilt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the fuel supply for restrictions and leaks and check the check valve fitting coming out of the ECM for being plugged and the check valve operation. If the fuel system is OK check for fault codes and let me know if there are any codes logged and what they are. Verify fuel pressure is constant ,in specs and that there are no air bubbles in the supply and return when having a clear hose connected inline to watch for bubbles. Another potential cause is faulty injectors. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.