Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

2005 CL120064S T Blower motor blows on high speed all the time

Customer Question

2005 CL120064S T Blower motor blows on high speed all the time regardless of fan switch position and will continue to blow after ignition switch turned off. Only will stop when 40 amp HVAC fuse is pulled.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 5 months ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! Stationary HVAC is my normal trade but I have worked on some MVAC as well. It would appear your system has a variable speed blower and this is not an uncommon problem. The blower motor has only three wires (two larger and one smaller) connecting the blower correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, it has a control module no the bottom of the motor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is a2005 freight liner cl120 Columbia truck
Ok, I'm sorry then, the only Freightliner I've worked on had a blower motor with a circuit module inside it. It was powered at all times through the fuse block and had a single control wire coming into it. In that case removing the signal wire from the control head did not stop the motor and it pointed to the module inside the motor and the only fix was to replace the motor. It sounds like your system is different than the one I worked on. I will opt out so this goes back into the expert pool. -Brian
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
You're welcome Mike, sorry I couldn't help. Would you like me to recat this question the the Medium and Heavy truck category?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes please and thanks
Will do and you're very welcome!