Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

2001 International dt466e 4700. I am getting trouble codes

Customer Question

2001 International dt466e 4700. I am getting trouble codes 122, 222, 124, 333. Engine seems to be losing power. I will go full speed but will buck. when it loses power it only seems to go into a limp mode (reduced power) but doesn't completely cut out.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add aswell, the high pressure pump, cam sensor, and ipr have been replaced.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Have you tried to clear out the fault codes then operate the vehicle again to see which codes reset again? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how to reset these I have tried what I seen on a video but did not work, aswell as after the first 2 codes my oil pressure light blinks twice instead of 1 time
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the only way I know if is with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle.If you can get these reset then operate the vehicle this will help.Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also can you tell me if there is a process to bleeding air from the hpop
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Does your model have the hand primer on the filter base at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it does, the only reason I ask is because I have read multiple articles stating the oil areation can cause the running issue
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Did this issue only occur after the high pressure pump was replaced? Is the engine oil at the correct level?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes oil level is correct and yes it happened after the replacement of the hpop
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
How long does the engine run properly before it starts to lose power and buck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was originally about an hour of run time but now has gone to instantly, at half throttle it stumbles then at full throttle it runs fine, hope this helps
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I dont think you have air in the fuel or an oil aeration issue here as this would have occurred right away after the pump was replaced and would be an issue at all times the engine is running.This sounds like you may have an issue with the new HPOP.I have seen some of these built poorly in the past before that can cause running issues like this here and had to parts warranty some of them for a replacement again.As long as you have no visible fuel leaks at all here and with what you have occuring here this sounds like what is occuring here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete