roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

I have a 2004 freightliner that was starting fine until Saturday

Customer Question

I have a 2004 freightliner that was starting fine until Saturday and now to start it I have to use starter fluid. it has a Detroit series 60 in it. can you give me any suggestions
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: it will just turn over until I spray the starter fluid and then it runs fine but once you turn it off it will not start again unless I spray it again.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: nothing to my knowledge just had a complete inframe done about 16 months ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist first, I would check the fuel filter for being clogged. make sure it is good.second, could be a weak fuel pump. you can check the pressure on the outlet line from the pump up to the headlastly, the return check valve at the back of the head. if it is bad, you will loose prime and will be very difficult to start have you checked any of these yet??? roy
how are you making out
how are you making out
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy